Chapter 3. 8th of July 2016 – MARmaED, my doctoral program.
I – MARmaED: the strength of a PhD network
MARmaED meeting, Banyuls-sur-mer. Credits : Joël Durant, Pierre Olivier.
II – Trip to Copenhagen
The MARmaED program will bring a lot of interesting opportunities. From the 9th to 11th of June, I was invited to participate in a workshop that took place in Copenhagen (“This is a good start” to quote one of my former comrades “Orange” from the French Civilian Service). This was the second time I had travelled to the Danish capital, the first being to participate in my first scientific conference (ICES 2015) and I still love this city.
This time I had the opportunity to visit Tivoli Garden, a mythical amusement park open since 1843. Not to mention I had an amazing time! If you have the opportunity to go there, try Vertigo. This ride has an acceleration of 5G which corresponds to a Formula 1. At first, you laugh out loud and then the ride goes soooo fast that your voice get stuck in your throat. My stomach took a hit after a day of rides like this but it remains a memorable moment. I think the worst moment was to wait for our turn and see people stressing at the idea of tryingVertigo. If you ever tried or will, let me know in comment.
Tivoli Garden, Copenhague. Credits : Pierre Olivier, Ocean Fact.
What’s next?! I am currently based on the island of Åland (this is pronounced as Francois Hollande) where I will spend the summer at the Marine station of Husö. I will collect data for one of my PhD project. What’s planned, you ask? Fishing, diving, measures of all kinds and evenings with Scandinavian lifestyle. See you next time!
Time to put some music: The local song. As this article is about Copenhagen, I chose a Danish group: Lukas Graham – Mama said.
Lukas Graham – Mama said
- Chapter 1 – My acceptance in the MARmaED PhD program – Ocean Fact
- Chapter 2 – Path to become a PhD student – Ocean Fact
- Chapter 3 – MARmaED: the strength of a doctoral program – Ocean Fact
- Chapter 4 – Åland island and Husö – Ocean Fact
- Chapter 5 – Hamburg 2016 – Miniature Wunderland – Ocean Fact
- Chapter 6 – Fall is coming – Ocean Fact
- Chapter 7 – Christmas gift – Scientific surprise – Ocean Fact
- Chapter 8 – A day at the lab in Finland – Ocean Fact
- Chapter 9 – Ice swimming and ice fishing – Ocean Fact
- Chapter 10 – Networking in Scotland – Ocean Fact
- Chapter 11 – Kristineberg and future for Ocean Fact – Ocean Fact